The last… week and a half? or so have been terrible, fitness-wise. I’ve barely had a chance to go on my usual lunch walk, let alone work out much afterward. I was promoted, which is great, but there’s so much more responsibility and stress!!
I have been able to eat well though, thank goodness. Keeping so busy is helping me stay off boredom-eating.
Needless to say I completely blew my February goal of working out 6 days a week. LOL. Oh well, I just have to make a new goal for March!! :)
March, though, is going to be a little tricky… in the last week of March I’ll be leaving for a two week business trip in India, and won’t have as much control over what I eat. At home it’s a simple matter of stocking up on fruit, almonds, and yogurt, but on the business trip I’ll mostly be subjected to the whims of whatever’s in the Indian office’s cafeteria. (It’s a good thing I like curry!)
So, in March:
First Three Weeks (03/01-03/21)
- Complete some form of exercise routine 2-3 times during the week
- Focus on cardio and legs/core during the week — walking, jumping jacks, wall-sits, lunges, body weight squats, planks
- Complete a more vigorous exercise routine one or more times over each weekend
- Focus on strength and upper body/core on weekends — push ups, bicep curls, rows, lat pull-downs, planks, crunches, russian twists
Last Week of March, First Week of April (03/22-04/09)
- While on the business trip, take every opportunity to walk, jog, take the stairs etc
- Try to get in a quick tabata/tabata-esque work out (or at least some push ups) every evening in the hotel room, when possible
- Explore and try new things!
When I get back, I have a few plans for my progressive goals — but one thing at a time, right? :)